- 1 MONIKA KIRIPOLSKY, MD, FAAD, FAACS
- 2 Dr. Kiripolsky has performed research on a range of cosmetic surgery, dermatology, and laser treatments.
- 3 Dr. Kiripolsky’s Many Accolades
MONIKA KIRIPOLSKY, MD, FAAD, FAACS
Dr. Kiripolsky is a board-certified dermatologist and fellow-trained cosmetic and laser surgeon, highly-regarded for her expertise in treating stubborn skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, melasma and other types of skin discoloration, eczema, sun damage, and additional chronic skin diseases. Dr. Kiripolsky is also an author, speaker, researcher, and teacher.
Dr. Kiripolsky has performed research on a range of cosmetic surgery, dermatology, and laser treatments.
- Cosmetic surgery
- Laser treatments
- Autologous fat transfer
- Sclerotherapy (leg vein surgery)
- Endovenous laser ablation (advanced leg vein surgery)
- Liposculpture / Liposuction
- Deep chemical peels
- Advanced facial contouring with fillers
- Botox, Dysport, Xeomin
- Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne, Juvederm, Voluma, Vollure, Volbella
- Sculptra, Radiesse
Dr. Kiripolsky’s Many Accolades
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, CHICAGO, IL 7/2005 –7/2008
- Completed 3-year residency in the Department of Dermatology; became board-certified in dermatology in 2008
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA – IRVINE, CITY OF ORANGE, CA 2004 – 2005
- Completed an internship through the Internal Medicine Department
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, NASHVILLE, TN 1999 – 2004
- Earned an M.D. in 2004
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES, CA 1995 – 1999
- Bachelor of Science – Graduated from the UCLA Honors College
- Majored in Psychobiology with Specialization in Business and Economics
- Earned Magna Cum Laude distinction
- Massaki AB, Kiripolsky MG, Detwiler SP, Goldman MP. “Endoluminal laser delivery mode and wavelength effects on varicose veins in an ex vivo model.” Lasers Surg Med. 45(2): 123-9, 2013.
- Sundaram, H and Kiripolsky, M. “Nonsurgical rejuvenation of the upper eyelid and brow.” Clin Plast Surg. 40(1): 55-76, 2013.
- Kiripolsky MG, Peterson JD, Goldman MP. “Safety and efficacy of administering abobotulinumtoxinA through a single injection point when treating lateral periocular rhytides.” J Cosmetic Dermatol. 10(3): 232-4, 2011.
- Kiripolsky MG, Peterson JD, Goldman MP. “A two-phase, retrospective analysis evaluating efficacy and patient satisfaction with AbobotulinumtoxinA when used to treat dynamic facial rhytides.” Dermatol Surg. 37(10): 1443-7, 2011.
- Peterson JD, Palm M, Kiripolsky MG, Guiha IC, Goldman MP. “Evaluation of the impact of fractional laser with radiofrequency and a fractionated radiofrequency on the improvement of acne scars.” Dermatol Surg. 37(9): 1260-7, 2011.
- Peterson JD, Kiripolsky MG, Goldman MP. “Methicillin-resistant Staphlococcus aureussuperinfection delaying the diagnosis of atypical mycobacteria infection: Report of a case.” J Cosmetic Dermatol. 24: 170-3, 2011.
- Kiripolsky MG. “More on ethanolamine oleate as a vascular sclerosant.” Dermatol Surg. 36(7): 1153-4, 2010.
- Kiripolsky MG. “More on hypertrichosis after sclerotherapy.” Dermatol Surg. 36: 1066-7, 2010.
- Kiripolsky MG, Goldman MP; Editors: Goldman MP, Bergan JJ, and Geux JJ. 2010. Chapter 4: Pathophysiology of Telangiectasias. Sclerotherapy: Treatment of Varicose and Telangiectatic Leg Veins. 5th Ed. Mosby Elsevier, Philadelphia.
- Kiripolsky MG, Goldman MP; Editors: Goldman MP, Bergan JJ, and Geux JJ. 2010. Chapter 8: Complications of Sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy: Treatment of Varicose and Telangiectatic Leg Veins. 5th Ed. Mosby Elsevier, Philadelphia.
- Kiripolsky MG, Goldman MP; Editors: Goldman MP, Bergan JJ, and Geux JJ. 2010. Chapter 13: Treatment of Leg Telangiectasias with Laser and High-Intensity Pulsed Light. Sclerotherapy: Treatment of Varicose and Telangiectatic Leg Veins. 5th Ed. Mosby Elsevier, Philadelphia.
- Kiripolsky MG, Goldman MP; Editors: Goldman MP, Bergan JJ, and Geux JJ. 2010. Chapter 15: Setting up a Sclerotherapy Practice. Sclerotherapy: Treatment of Varicose and Telangiectatic Leg Veins. 5th Ed. Mosby Elsevier, Philadelphia.
- Kiripolsky MG, Peterson JD, Goldman MP. “Retrospective analysis to assess efficacy and patient satisfaction of Dysport compared to Botox in the treatment of dynamic rhytides.” (abstract and live presentation) Cosmetic Surgery Forum 12/2009.
- Hernandez C, Kiripolsky MG. “Persistent lower extremity ulcers after a pedicure.” J of Gen Internal Med. (in press: MS# 6232).
- Hernandez C, Worobec S, Gaitonde S, Kiripolsky MG, Aquino, K. “Progression of undiagnosed cutaneous T-cell lymphoma during efalizumab therapy.” Archives of Dermatol. 145(1): 92-3, 2009.
- Kiripolsky MG, Peterson JD, Cohen JL, Gold MH, Goldman MP. “Benefits of using a hydroquinone/tretinoin skin care system in patients undergoing intense pulse light therapy for photorejuvenation of the decolletage: a randomized-controlled study.” American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Annual Meeting – accepted 12/2009 as an abstract and ePoster presentation.
- Peterson JD, Palm MD, Kiripolsky MG, Goldman MP. “Evaluation of the impact of fractional laser (Matrix IR) and fractionated radiofrequency (Matrix RF) on the improvement of acne scars.” American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery Annual Meeting – accepted abstract 12/2009 & ePoster presentation.
- Kiripolsky MG, Zic JA, Nelson RA. “Basal cell carcinoma treated with topical bexarotene 1% gel: an open label controlled study.” J of the Amer Acad of Dermatol. 50(3): 122, 2004.
- Lichon VC, Kiripolsky MG, Hill CH. “Long-term dapsone use and the development of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in two patients with Hansen’s Disease: Coincidence or valid link?” Archives of Dermatol. (submitted).
- Sams, HH, Kiripolsky MG, Bhat, LS, Stricklin GP. “Porphyria cutanea tarda, hepatitis C, and hemochromatosis: A case report and review of the literature.” Cutis. 73(3): 188-90, 2004.
- Zic JA, Kiripolsky MG, Hamilton K, Greer JP. 2004. Chapter 94: Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma: Mycosis Fungoides and Sezary Syndrome. Wintrobe’s Clinical Hematology. 11th Ed.. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia: 2485-520.
- Sams HH, Kiripolsky MG, Boyd AS, King LE Jr. “Crohn’s disease of the penis masquerading as pyoderma gangrenosum; a case report and review of the literature.” Cutis. 72(6): 432-7, 2003.
- Kiripolsky MG. “.” The Aesthetics Show – Annual Meeting, 7/2016 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Growth Factors: Essential Skin Care to Pre-, Peri-, and Post-Procedure Protocols.” The Aesthetics Show – Annual Meeting, 7/2016 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Optimizing Dermal Filler Hand Rejuvenation.” The Aesthetics Show – Annual Meeting, 7/2016 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Growth Factors: Fact & Fiction.” The Aesthetics Show – Annual Meeting, 7/2016 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Next-Generation Anti-Aging Skincare.” The Aesthetics Show – Annual Meeting, 7/2015 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Growth Factors: Everything You Need to Know From Essential Skin Care to Post Procedure Protocols.” The Aesthetics Show – Annual Meeting, 7/2015 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “A Systematic Approach to Skin Resurfacing.” Dallas Cosmetic and Rhinoplasty Symposium – 31st Annual Scientific Meeting, 3/2014 [lecture/presentation; Dallas, TX].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Innovations in Skin Health Science.” ZO Skin Health, Inc. Skin Care Practitioner Seminar, 12/2013 [lecture/presentation; Orlando, FL].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Expanded Conceptsand Principles of Skin Health Science”. ZO Skin Health, Inc. Skin Care Practitioner Seminar, 8/2013 [lecture/presentation; Chicago, IL].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Rejuvenation of the Decolletage.” Vegas Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Dermatology Conference – 9th Annual Scientific Meeting, 6/2013 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Topical application of the secretion of Cryptomphalus Aspersa for the reduction in signs of facial photoaging.” International Pharmaceutica Cantabria – Annual Meeting, 6/2011 [lecture/presentation; Santander, Spain].
- Kiripolsky MG. “The Role of Growth Factors in Skin Care.” The Aesthetics Show – Annual Meeting, 6/2011 [lecture/presentation; Las Vegas, NV].
- Kiripolsky MG. “Peri-Procedure Modalities.” Society of Dermatology Skin Care Specialists – 9th Annual Scientific Meeting, 2/2011 [lecture/presentation; New Orleans, LA].
- Kiripolsky MG, Peterson JD, Goldman MP. “A two-phase, retrospective analysis of patient satisfaction with abobotulinumtoxinA in the treatment of dynamic rhytides.” American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – 27th Annual Scientific Meeting, 1/2011 [presentation & abstract publication; Scottsdale, AZ].
- Kiripolsky MG, Goldman MP, Detwiler S. “A comparison of endovenous laser delivery mode and wavelength on varicose veins.” American College of Phlebology – 24th Annual Congress Meeting, 11/2010 [presentation and abstract publication; Orlando, FL].
- Kiripolsky MG, Peterson JD, Goldman MP. “A two-phase retrospective analysis evaluating efficacy and patient satisfaction with Abobotulinumtoxin A when used to treat dynamic rhytides.” American Society for Dermatologic Surgery/American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology & Aesthetic Surgery Annual Meeting, 10/2010. [presentation and abstract publication; Chicago, IL].
- Kiripolsky MG, Krunic AL.“Metastatic Crohn’s-like colitis in a patient with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome” [Presented at 65th Annual American Academy of Dermatology Convention 2/2007; Washington, DC].
- Kiripolsky MG, Zic J, Nelson, R. “Nodular basal cell carcinoma treated with topical bexarotene 1% gel: An open label controlled study.” [Presented at 62nd Annual American Academy of Dermatology Convention 2/2004; New Orleans, LA].
- Kiripolsky MG, Zic J. “Laboratory and clinical variables associated with response and survival in 50 patients with refractory CTCL treated with photopheresis.” [Presented at 61st Annual American Academy of Dermatology Convention 2/2003; San Francisco, CA].
- A Phase 3, Multicenter, Open-Label Extension Study to Assess the Long-Term Safety of Repeat Administrations of Reloxin® in the Treatment of Glabellar Lines
- A Phase III, Multi-Center, Long-Term, Repeat-Treatment, Open-Label, Single-Arm Trial to Demonstrate the Safety of Repeat Treatment with PurTox® for the Treatment of Glabellar Rhytides
- A Side-by-Side Two-Hand Comparison Pilot Study of Fat Transplantation Harvested via Traditional Syringe Aspiration versus Water Jet Aspiration
- A Multi-center, Randomized, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled, Dose-Ranging Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Subcutaneous Injections of a Novel β2-Adrenergic Receptor Agonist Compared with Placebo for the Reduction of Abdominal Subcutaneous Adiposity
- Treatment of Cellulite and Circumferential Fat Reduction with a 15 Watt Device Combining 650nm and 915nm Laser Emission with Vacuum and Mechanical Massage to Diminish the Appearance of Thigh Cellulite – Evaluation of the Efficacy of Sequential Treatments with a 15 Watt Device Combining 650nm and 915nm Laser Emission with Vacuum and Mechanical Massage in Pre- and Post-Lipoplasty Procedures
- A Side-by-Side Comparison of the VelaShapeII and a Cold Laser Device for the Reduction of Thigh, Hip, and Waist Circumference
- A Split-Face Study to Evaluate the Efficacy & Tolerability of Combination Therapy with Azaleic Acid Gel & Intense Pulse Light Therapy in the Treatment of Mild to Moderate Rosacea
- A Single-Center, Randomized, Split-Face Study to Compare the Efficacy of Photodynamic Therapy with Metvixia Using Blue versus Red Light Sources for Treatment of Facial Acne
- A Split-Face Study Investigating A Novel Topical Photosensitizing Preparation Combined with Multiple Laser and Light Sources for Photorejuvination
- A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Tolerability of a Topical Glutathione Patch For the Treatment of Moderate Acne Vulgaris
- Treatment of Reticular and Telangiectatic Leg Veins: Double-Blind, Prospective Comparative Trial Between Polidocanol and Hypertonic Saline
- A Clinical Study Evaluating Efficacy and Patient Satisfaction with Use of a Topical Regimen Containing Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, and Salicylic Acid compared to a Topical Placebo Regimen in Individuals Undergoing Botulinum Toxin Injections as well as Injectable Hyaluronic Acid Filler to Nasolabial Folds
- A Phase III, Randomized, Side-by-Side Comparative Study of the 1064-nm Nd:YAG Laser to the 1320-nm Nd:YAG Laser for the Treatment of Onychomycosis
- A Phase IV, Randomized, Split-Face Study Comparing the Order of Administration of the Lumenis UltraPulse Active FX and Deep Fx CO2 Laser for the Treatment of Rhytides, Photo-Damage, & Scarring
- A Split-Face Study Investigating Acne Scar Reduction with a Fractionated Radiofrequency Device Versus a Fractionated, Multiplex 1320nm and 1440nm Nd:YAG Laser
- A Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Integrated Vacuum-Assisted Diode Device For Laser Hair Reduction in Skin Types IV-VI
- Micro-Pulsed 1064-nm Nd:YAG Laser versus Long-Pulsed 1064-nm Nd:YAG Laser Treatment for Hair Reduction, Pain Assessment, and Time Efficiency in Patients with Axillary Hypertrichosis
- A Randomized, Side-by-Side, Placebo-Controlled Study Comparing Varying Settings of a Fractionated CO2 Laser in the Treatment of Striae
- Investigation of a Novel Post-Laser Resurfacing Skin Care Regimen Consisting of Both Ointment and Cream Formulations
- A Clinical Study Evaluating the Added Benefit, Safety, and Patient Satisfaction of Injectable Poly-l-lactic acid, Sculptra, Combined with Intense Pulsed Light for Chest Rejuvenation
Honors & Awards
- Overall Fellowship Recipient 2003 – Funded dermatology rotation at Hospital San Pau, Barcelona, Spain – 6/2003
- Voting Member – Represented Vanderbilt Medical School at AMSA’s 51st Ann Convention – 3/2001
Journal of Dermatologic Surgery& Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 2009 – 2010
- Review, suggest revisions for, and publish commentaries on manuscripts submitted for publication consideration.
INSTRUCTOR, MASTERY OF LASERS COURSE
American Society of Dermatologic Surgery; La Jolla, CA 11/2009
- Instructed attendees via a live demonstration with question and answer session on the eMatrix (infrared + radiofrequency) laser
VOLUNTEER FOR SKIN CANCER SCREENING DAY
American Academy of Dermatology, La Jolla, CA 2008 – 2009
- Performed full-body skin exams on members of the community and made recommendations regarding biopsy of skin lesions suspicious for skin cancer
VOTING MEMBER, RESIDENT SELECTION COMMITTEE
UIC, Department of Dermatology, Chicago, IL 2005 – 2006
- Selected as one of three dermatology residents to join faculty to screen applications and select candidates for interviews
CHAIRMAN OF MEDICAL CENTER’S “CADAVER BALL”
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 2004
- Organized publicity, planning, and entertainment for this annual 800+ person gala
VISITING STUDENT EXTERN
Hospital San Pau – Servicio de Dermatologia, Barcelona, Spain 2003
- Participated in general, pediatric and cutaneous lymphoma clinics, and in inpatient dermatology consults (in Spanish)
- Presented research at “XXXI Congreso Nacional de Dermatologia y Venereologia” in Bilbao, Spain
SUB-INVESTIGATOR AND CO-AUTHOR, MEDICAL SCHOLARS PROGRAM
VUMC, Division of Dermatology, Nashville, TN 2002 – 2003
- Served as sub-investigator of Phase 2 study using bexarotine 1% gel for treatment of basal cell carcinoma
- Co-authored Wintrobe’s Textbook of Hematology chapter: “Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma: Mycosis Fungoides and Sézary Syndrome”
- Formulated Vanderbilt ALCL patient database and evaluated trends in disease diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment
DERMATOLOGY INTEREST GROUP LEADER, STUDENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 2002 – 2003
- Designed sessions led by dermatology attendings and residents to encourage medical students interested in dermatology
- Designed a website for the organization (www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/medschool/derminterest/DIGWebSite.html)
- Promoted mentoring relationships between dermatology faculty and students
ADMISSION INTERVIEW STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE 2002 – 2003
- Presented daily interactive sessions to interviewing applicants on curriculum, student life and joint-degree programs
- Coordinated presentations with faculty representative to focus on the strengths of Vanderbilt’s medical training program
CONTRIBUTING AUTHOR, THE REPORTER (VANDERBILT MEDICAL CENTER’S NEWSPAPER) 2002 – 2004
- Composed weekly articles highlighting accomplishments of Vanderbilt Medical Center faculty & students
CHAIRMAN OF SOCIAL EVENTS, COMMITTEE OF CLASS OFFICERS 2000 – 2003
- Planned inter/intra-class events to ensure extracurricular interests of medical students were supported by administration
- Met regularly with Deans, Chancellor and fellow officers to integrate social and philanthropic events into the curriculum
CHIEF EDITOR, THE PADDLE AND THE OAR 2000 – 2002
- Organized guide to Nashville and to 1st & 2nd year courses for incoming medical students
- Contributed to guide of clinical rotation requirements for rising 3rd year medical students
CHAIRMAN, “SECOND LOOK WEEKEND” (1ST ANNUAL) 2001
- Planned and implemented a 2-day informative and social event for recruitment of the top 75 medical school candidates
COURSE LEADER, PROBLEM SOLVING ELECTIVE 2000 – 2001
- Led problem-based learning course for fello w medical students through presentation of clinical cases with associated labs, histopathology, gross organ specimens, and imaging studies
ACTING STUDENT MEMBER, MEDICAL SCHOOL ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE 2000 – 2001
- Selected by faculty and students to screen (approx 8 h/wk) and present all applicants at weekly committee meetings
- Voted in all committee deliberations, reflecting the collective opinion of VMS’s student body
CHAIRMAN & EDITOR, CO-OP NOTE-TAKING SERVICE 1999 – 2000
- Led classmates in collective documentation of all 1st & 2nd year med student lectures
PARTICIPANT, INTRODUCTION TO BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH (DERMATOLOGY) 2000
Veterans Affairs Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Entered and analyzed data on the use of extracorporeal photopheresis to treat cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (Dr. J. Zic)
- Created Excel spreadsheet programs to chart data; presented graphical findings to peers
Societies, Associations & Foreign Languages
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgery
- American Society of Liposuction Surgery
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
Fluent in English and conversational Spanish